Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Easy Valentine Table Setting and Dinner



Setting a Valentine's Day table can be a snap!

Just pull together some pink and red, add some hearts and chocolate, and voila!

Above: striped cups (set of 10) $12

heart napkins $6



For the actual dinner I recently used the Instant Pot for the first time.
Find it here.  It made dinner so fast, easy and delicious!

I referred to the Detoxinista for advice and recipes for using the Instant Pot.
Find her here.
It definitely helped me to also watch her tutorials on Instagram.



I'll share links to the recipes I would recommend once I've tried them.
This is going to be my new way of cooking.

My first meal was chicken teriyaki from La Creme De La Crumb.  Find the recipe here.
It was incredibly easy to follow for someone new to the Instant Pot.

My recipe note to self on this one is to press the quick release when
the cook time is over.  She recommends a natural release, but this took
quite a bit of time.  Another recipe I read said to quick release so that chicken
does not dry out.  (That noted: my chicken was not dry, but took an hour
and not the 35 minute cook time that was indicated)



I also got a rice cooker which I wish I would have gotten sooner.
My is from here and I love it!  Just $24.99 and cooked rice to perfection.


Wishing you a wonderful day!