Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Undecorating < Decorating



Taking down Christmas decorations is never quite as fun as putting them up,
however there is something satisfying about getting organized for the new year.

I'll be sharing organizational tips this month on the blog.

When I moved into my new home a few years ago I switched out how I store all my Christmas decorations.  
I now use these clear Sterilite boxes with red lids.

I love that I can easily identify what's inside without having to open the box.  
I grabbed a variety of sizes so I can keep like items together.  
I tackle one area at a time, then clean and redecorate as I go.  
I like to start with our main tree because that takes the longest and feels the best to complete.


All of our Christmas decorations are 40% off at the shop.

If you're like me and like to add few new ornaments each year

this is the time to grab them!

Each year I add about 3-4 new ornaments and donate a few old ones.  
That way our tree is always filled with favorites.

Here is a great box for storing lights and this one here is perfect for ornaments.


Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

Lots of exciting things will be happening at Madeleine L'Amour

and we appreciate you sharing them with us!

xoxo