Saturday, May 25, 2013

For Madeline of Ohio


Today I had the opportunity to meet the most charming man.  He came into our shop this afternoon and I asked if I could help him with anything.  He said no, but then told me his wife pasted away a year ago and her name was Madeline.  He had driven past our shop many times, but today decided to come inside.  I'm so glad he did.  He told me all about Madeline and how she would have loved our shop. They were married for 56 years and he wore her wedding ring around his neck.  He told me about how they met and it was apparent the pure love he had for her and how much he missed her.
While we were talking "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" came on and we both got emotional as he said that was her song and he played it on his guitar for her often.  It was such a beautiful moment.

I always love my job, but it's times like these that I will cherish forever.

 So happy I met you J. Antonio Aragon.